Bojadła Commune

Bojadła Commune is one of the smallest in the County. Nevertheless, there are a few interesting monuments to see.

In Bojadła itself, there is an 18th-c. palace complex which consists of a palace, a park, two guardhouses and two annexes. The palace and the park are situated opposite each other on both sides of the access road. The palace combines Baroque layout with Rococo decorative architecture. The Parish Church is also worth visiting. The beam construction was built in the years 1757 – 1758 on the plan of an elongated octagon. Nearby, one can see a Classicistic one-storey masonry presbytery dating from around1800,  covered with a gable roof and a dormer window.

In Klenica it is recommendable to visit the Radziwiłłs’ hunter’s palace, built in the years 1880 – 1884 in the area of a previously laid out park. The residence constitutes the main element of a park and farm complex, founded along the east--west axis. The farm lies behind the park and to the west. The two-storey palace was erected in 1884 and consisted of the main frame, housing apartments and an adjacent west wing, where on the ground floor flats for the service were located. On the first floor a hunter’s hall was situated. Today’s architectural form of the palace was shaped during the reconstruction conducted by the builder Dimka in 1905 according to plans by Maria Radziwiłł. The 7-ha park, founded by Antoni Radziwiłł in the years 1880 – 1890, stretches in the southern part of the village. There are 23 different species of trees and shrubs, four ponds (two with islets) connected with canals, boulders, clearings and alleys. The following relics of the past are also worth seeing in Klenica: a manor house, a Classicistic church and a former school. 

The commune boasts a few curiosities of nature, including the gnarled dancing pines and an inland dune, locally known as a promontory. The dune can be seen in Cmentarna Street, Bojadła. It is also worth taking a hike along the nature-didactic path called ‘Between the dignified oak and the dancing pine’, which takes one from Bojadła through Karczemka, Przewóz, Bełcze, back to … Bojadła. 

Of the rich fauna of the area one may happen to see the black stork and a beaver. There are 19 monuments of nature in the commune. These include specimens of oak and beech in the interbankment of the Odra River, mainly in the area between Przewóz and Klenica.

Back to list


scroll top


A pavilion with a tower beside the entrance gate to the palace in Bojadła.

St. Therese of the Child Jesus Parish Church in Bojadła

St. Therese of the Child Jesus Parish Church in Bojadła – a half-timbered  beam construction erected in the years 1757 – 1758, Bojadła – a view from the east. In the foreground – the sacristy.

A hunting palace of the Radziwiłł family in Klenica

The parish church in Klenica under the invocation of the Visitation dating back to 1782

The Ethnographic Museum - Ochla

In Ochla ( Zielona Góra Commune ) there is the vigorously functioning Ethnographic Museum in Zielona Góra, commonly known as ‘the open-air skansen’.